For his birthday, Uncle Jay gave Glen a Betta fish. What an appropriate gift from an uncle!
Glen LOVES his fish. Today I caught him with his face pressed up against the fish tank talking to the fish. "How are you today? Are you hungry? What do you want to do?"
We had Glen name the fish. I thought for sure we'd get a name like "Fishy" or "Blue Fish." Previous pet names have been equally creative. The black kitty is "Blacky," the gray kitty is "Gray-ey" the calico kitty is "Kakiko...." You get the picture. So when we asked Glen what his fish's name was, he said (what sounded like) "Fishish." When we tried to say it back, he was pretty mad - "No, MumMum, it's Fishish." Dad finally figured out that the fish's name is "Delicious." A great name for a fish if you ask me - though I doubt he'll live up to it, there's just not enough of him to be "Delicious."
And we hear endless questions about the fish. "Why does Delicious only eat two times a day? Why can't we give him lunch? How do fish sleep? Do they lay down?" And my personal favorite:
Glen: MumMum, how can we tell on fish?
Me: Tell what?
Glen: Boy or girl.
Me: I have no idea - why don't you ask Delicious if he's a boy or a girl. (Of course, Glen went right over to ask Delicious - Delicious, however, wasn't telling)
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment