The weather has been absolutely gorgeous lately. Cold (like at or below freezing in the hills!) and windy (news reported gusts of 105mph yesterday in Corbett!), but beautiful and amazingly sunny.
Cami is staying with us for a couple weeks, and on Saturday we took advantage of the great weather with a hike and treasure hunt in the gorge. We hiked our favorite trail - Latourell Falls - and found TWO treasures! It was a fantastic time!

Our Motley Crew.... Tyler, Cami, Glen and Maddox with Anubis and CuSith in front of Upper Latourell Falls.

Similar shot with the whole family.

I don't know what the boys liked better - this tree, or sliding down the muddy hill on the other side on their butts. Never mind.... they are boys. If you can't slide in the mud, what fun is a hike? (I love doing laundry, I love doing laundry, I love doing laundry....)

We were so proud of Glen - he walked the WHOLE trail, all by himself, with no whining, and no asking to be carried. The catch? When he was tired, he announced he was going to "take a little rest," and sat down right in the middle of the trail. There was no moving on until he was done.

Maddox in a patch of January sunshine.

Goofy Glen.
The only downside of the day? We all miss Cerberus. This was the trail Tyler and I hiked with her so often before the kids came along.
No comments:
Post a Comment