Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful

So... all week at Pre-school, they have been talking about Thanksgiving. Reading stories, doing activities and crafts, learning about the holiday. So I guess I expected a little more from the conversation with Glen:

Me: "So Glen. Have you been learning about Thanksgiving at pre-school?"
Glen: "Yeah."
Me: "What have you learned?"
Glen: "Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you."
Me: "OK. What are you thankful for?"
Glen: Sigh. "Apples."
Me: "Anything else?"
Glen: "Milk. And corn!"
OK. I'm not raising a fawn. Or a foal or a calf. I have to admit, I was hoping for something a little more along the lines of "family" or something. But, if he's thankful for food - I guess that's a step in the right direction.
I am thankful for my bright, curious, loving, wonderful little boys. Here are a couple of recent projects that they created with Grammy:

(Glen's leaf turkey)

(Maddox's project - note the balloon-waddle-thing)

No comments: