Call me strict, call me a slave driver, call me what you will... my boys have chores. They are expected to pick up after themselves, put things where they go, and help out when asked. Each also has his own chore - Glen unloads the dishwasher, and Maddox feeds the dogs. Usually they both do pretty well - most of my dishes even end up where they go.Glen, being Glen, generally enlists Maddox's help with his chore - he can be pretty persuasive, and preys upon Maddox's hero-worship of his big brother. So, the other day both boys did Glen's chore before we went outside to play. The result?
I couldn't find several utinsils
A glass broke
It took them almost an hour
They wore their "helmets" the entire time (see above)
Much noise was made with pots and pans as instruments
Chore time turned into play time
I call it being creative, and getting the job done. There was no complaining - I think they actually had a good time "working" together.
No comments:
Post a Comment