OK, maybe Glen. I'm certainly not talking about me, or Maddox.
The boys have had such fun "bowling" on the Wii, that we decided to treat them to the real thing last weekend. And I had a lesson in humility (it's amazing, isn't it, that proficiency in an electronic game can actually make your brain think that it equals proficiency with the real thing?).
Needless to say, they had a great time. It took us about three hours to play through two whole games. No one dropped a bowling ball on his (or her) foot, and the only gutter balls were thrown by yours truly (I debated the bumpers for me since we had them up for the boys, but have some pride at least).
The final outcome? Tyler consistently scored in the mid-100's. Glen consistently scored in the high-90's. Maddox and I consistently scored in the mid-60's. Yes, I got schooled by a five-(and-a-half)-year-old. A fact that he relishes in repeating. Repeatedly.
Here's my little bowler extrordinaire, showing his excellent form:
And Maddox, taking his turn. Maddox bowled Granny-style. The speed of his tosses were clocked consistently at just over 1 mph. Which means it took f-o-r-e-v-e-r for the ball to actually reach the pins.
But, fun is all that matters... and we certainly had that!




No comments:
Post a Comment