Friday, February 4, 2011

"Man"Cakes

My kids love pancakes.  I mean, they REALLY, REALLY  L-O-V-E pancakes.  With berries, or chocolate chips, or bananas, or coconut, or plain, they just love pancakes.  Glen can (and frequently does) eat 6-7 good size pancakes in a single sitting.  With eggs and bacon.  I don't know how he does it.

So, when we saw an episode of Man vs Food  filmed in Portland, and Glen saw the unique phenomenon of the mancake, he had to have one.

Off we went for a fun day with Grammy... and Glen's first mancake.  They are literally the size of a regular pizza.  Here's a visual:


See the excitement?  The anticipation?  Think he can do it??


Here's the "after" shot.  This is how much he was able to eat.  Shocking, I know.  I can't believe he ate almost the entire pancake.

The verdict?  When I asked him how he liked his mancake.... "It was pretty good Mom.  But, yours are better."  Awww....

No comments: