Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Costa Rica: The Wedding

Congratulations, Jay and Caitlin!


In November, our whole family traveled south to Costa Rica to celebrate Jay and Caitlin's wedding.  It was picture-perfect... a beautiful, casual, beach wedding.

The day started out with manicures and pedicures by the pool for the girls, and football, surfing and working out for the boys.  (I think the girls got the better end of the bargain).  Then it was lunch and make-up and hair and dresses, and nuptuals by the beach.

This is my favorite picture of Jay and Caitlin. The ceremony was to be pretty short... but about doubled in length when Steve (the best man) forgot the rings. Here are their expressions as they watch Steve sprint back to the house to retrieve the rings - it was hilarious.



This is also a great shot - Caitlin with her gorgeous bridesmaids.  We have... Anna, Julie, Caitlin, Sarah, Lauren and Kari.  Caitlin was the most beautifuly bride I think I've ever seen... and the most calm.


The setting of the reception was also great - a warm Costa Rican night in a stunning house right off the beach.  We even had a few monkeys join the party!


No, not these monkeys.  Actual monkeys.  But these three are pretty cute, too.


And, a rare picture of Tyler and I.  Ty was behind the camera for most of the wedding and reception... this is the only shot I've seen of the two of us.


It was a wonderful day.  Thanks Jay and Caitlin for including us in your celebration!

No comments: