MumMum doesn't feel good. I had no idea that adults could get an ear infection - that plus flu-like syptoms is kicking my butt. But there is one thing that truly is making me feel better - Glen. I thought compassion was something that kids developed later on - truly it seems too early at three.
On Sunday, I was with the boys (Ty was working). When it was getting toward nap time, I was ready for a nap too, and really fading fast. As I was putting Maddox to bed, Glen got a surprise ready for me - all on his own.
He took his comforter off his bed and dragged it down the hall to the couch. I came out of Maddox's room and Glen took me by the hand to the couch and had me lay down. He covered me up with the comforter, then ran into his room and grabbed his "special, special blue" which is his blanket/lovey. He had me lilft my head, and spread the "blue" on my pillow (just how he likes it in his bed), making sure there were no wrinkles. Then he ran back into his room and grabbed every single stuffed kitty (and there are many) and brought them back to me.
"Here's Blackie. Here's Gray-ey. Here's Stripey. Here's Little-ey" (kid is creative with names, what can I say - the kitties were black, gray, striped and little). "And here's Rudolph, MumMum. You give him a kiss?" (Rudolph is a big black kitty with a pink nose - he got for Christmas). All kitties were tucked snuggly in my arms. Then Glen ran back into his room and brought out a dinosaur story, which he proceeded to read to me.
Then, sweet of sweet, he stroked my forehead, gave me a kiss, tucked the covers tight under me ("Snug as a bug!"), and said "Night night, love you." And the clincher - "Sweet dreams."
Then my good little boy went potty and put himself down for a nap. No medicine invented could have helped me feel any better.
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment