Well, after two weeks, I'm proud to announce SUCCESS in our potty training efforts. No more diapers (except at bed time)!!! Maddox is officially a "big boy" (and doesn't he know it!) and is so proud of himself. We've gone an entire week, including three days in Seattle, with only one accident, and Maddox is starting to tell us when he needs to go, instead of us taking him. Woo hoo!!
We went to a MOMS club event yesterday evening - all the moms were saying how "lucky" I am that Maddox is trained, and how unusual since he is so young. Well - news flash - luck has very little to do with it. I attribute our success to three factors:
1 - Cloth diapers. Really - look it up. Babies train A YEAR earlier on average in cloth (they can tell when they're wet)
2 - Maddox. He was ready. How did we know? 'Cuz he told us right after he soiled a diaper - he wanted it off.
3 - Us. We were ready. We made the decision to do it. We invested the time. We were home with him, and we were consistent. And, we had Glen as a helper.
And now, my 49 consecutive months of changing poopy pants are over (another way to look at it? Approximately 782 days, which makes about 5500 diaper changes). Not a chapter of life that I can say I'm upset to give up.
Monday, August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment