Friday, August 22, 2008

If it has a long neck and spots.... RUN!

So... one thing you have to know about me to get this story is that I do sometimes talk in my sleep. Tyler thinks it's hilarious, and will try to have entire conversations with me, that he'll gleefully repeat to me the next morning. I, of course, have absolutely no recollection of said conversations, as I was asleep.

A few weeks ago, the whole family came with me on a business trip to Seattle (the boys got to see where MumMum went when I go on "sleepovers"). Glen's favorite part? Not the zoo, or the waterfront, or the Pacific Science Center. Nope - it was sleeping in the big bed in the hotel. Maddox's favorite part? Riding the bus. Remind me of this when we plan a trip to Disneyland - we can save the money and stay downtown and take the bus.

Anyway, the first night in the hotel, Tyler claims that I stood straight up out of bed. Our conversation (with me sleeping) went like this:

Ty: What are you doing? What are you doing?
Me: I think there is a giraffe in the room...
Ty: What?
Me: Yeah - like a real giraffe...
Ty: Go back to bed.
(I actually comply, lay back down, and continue sleeping)

Tyler tells me about this exchange the next morning. Glen (of course listens to every word) says, very seriously: "Don't worry MumMum, I'll protect you from the giraffes." Then he cracks up.

After this - we see giraffe things everywhere. There are giraffe socks (who knew?), giraffe books, giraffe printed strollers, giraffe shirts (naturally, we brought the giraffe jammies to Seattle), an opportunity to feed the giraffes at the zoo, etc. Glen is ever brave, "protecting" me from each of these images. (I'm not scared of giraffes - really, I'm not).

Then the icing on this on-going cake... yesterday at breakfast, Glen stood up in his chair and says (very seriously), "I think there is a giraffe in the kitchen. A REAL giraffe!" We of course, all laugh. Then he (faking) starts shaking.... "I'm really scared of giraffes now!"

No comments: