Then we got Glen up (I think I have the only 4-year old on the planet who needs to be woken up on Christmas morning) to see if Santa came. He did, and the boys were thrilled with digging in their stockings and opening the gifts from Santa.
At breakfast time, I asked a general question of what did people want for breakfast? Maddox came running from the other room, clutching his chocolate lollypop from Santa. "Dis!" It was Christmas, after all, so the boys had a chocolate breakfast appetizer before their eggs. (I was foiled in my attempt to make cinnimon rolls by the power being out).
Here's the boys in their "man jammies" on Christmas morning.Around noon, we managed to dig our way out of the snow (courtesy of the bulldozer in our barn), and made it to Grammy and Papa's house for Christmas Day (after a slight delay due to a flat tire on the freeway). How sweet it was to get out of the house! Go somewhere with power! Get my laundry done! Have someone else cook - with an oven, not a woodstove! Oh yeah, and spend the holiday with family!
Definitely the highlight for the boys was their main present from Grammy and Papa - their very own kitchen, complete with pots and pans and play food. They have spent many happy hours "cooking" for us, and come up with the best creations (watermelon-pizza-bacon-tomato soup anyone? Careful, it's hot! How about cauliflower ice cream?).

The other night, Glen was putting away the kitchen stuff - I noticed he had left all of the "produce" related food on top of the kitchen. We asked him why - "It needs to ripen, Mom!" Very cute, but I digress...
Other highlights were, of course, the presents. Both for the boys, and the ones that the boys could "help" everyone else open. Glen was very good at reading the tags - he easily recognized his name, Maddox's name, and Papa's name, and was a good little elf delivering the gifts to the correct person.



All in all, it was a wonderful Christmas! Thank you Grammy and Papa (and Santa)!
No comments:
Post a Comment