I think I had the perfect Mother's Day. The weather was gorgeous, so we decided to take the boys and dogs to one of our favorite trails in the Mt Hood National Forest for a bike ride/hike. It was awesome. The boys had a great time... there were enough hills for some adventure, but not so many that they couldn't pedal up. I loved hearing their screams (glee? terror? I'm not sure) as they gained speed heading down the hills - it was so much fun!
We also spent some time playing in the various streams that criss-crossed our trail. Glen was pretty proud of himself for hiking down to the stream... and was then frustrated with himself when he, in short order, lost a shoe and fell on his butt. "Not Funny!" was his comment. (It was a little funny).
Then... home for a relaxing afternoon, complete with a ride on Chiron and Ozzy for Ty and I while the boys napped!
The best part? I huge reminder of why I am so lucky to be the mom to these two amazing little boys.



No comments:
Post a Comment