Our family had a WONDERFUL three days at Disneyland last week! The boys were so excited to go - they are at the perfect ages to enjoy everything and experience the magic that only Disney can provide.
We went on almost every ride - it was great on Wednesday and Thursday, as there were few people, and we could walk on to just about any ride without much of a line. Friday was busy, but we still had fun. After just about every ride, Maddox's comment was, "Let's do that again!" He loved it.
Here we are on Maddox's favorite ride (it was between Splash Mountain and Space Mountain). I love this shot, as it is just like every picture Disney captured of us. Maddox in front, grinning from ear to ear. Tyler stoic. Glen looking just a little bit worried. Me screaming.
Glen and I shared a favorite ride... Thunder Mountain Railroad (a.k.a. the Wiiiiillldest Ride in the Wiiiiiillllderness). It was awesome.
Another favorite for the boys, which I remember being a favorite as a kid, was Autopia. Must be something about being in control of a car. The boys were hilarious on this ride - totally different personalities. Maddox was a "crazy driver" and couldn't stop giggling as he bashed the car from side to side on the track. Glen was very serious and tried to drive the car perfectly, apologizing after the very few times he hit the sides. Too funny.
The characters were out in full force too - I don't think I've ever seen so many of them! It's funny - I remember seeing Mickey as being a big deal - the boys couldn't really care less. They were much more into Buzz Lightyear and Lightening McQueen. Maddox also got to see Woody and Jessie (from Toy Story), but just wanted high-fives, "no pictures MumMum." OK.
I think my favorite part of the trip was the decorations. Every spare surface was lit up or covered in some kind of Christmas decoration. It must take an entire warehouse to store all this stuff. But, it was absolutely gorgeous. The most magical place on Earth really makes Christmas magical.
Many of the rides had Christmas touches added - especially the Haunted House, which was totally done over in Nightmare Before Christmas regalia. The characters were in Christmas outfits, and the Christmas parade and fireworks were extra-spectacular. Then, after the fireworks, it "snowed" on the parade route. Totally magical. Maddox and I were loving it.... Glen (a.k.a. Captain Literal) kept saying "this snow isn't real! It's not cold enough to snow!" and wanting to know what the "fake" snow was made out of, and how it was falling. I love his mind.










No comments:
Post a Comment